Sunday, July 8, 2012

Using masks - pre-made and DIY masks

I love using masks together with mists, gesso, acrylic paint or well even with the kids blow pens...
there is a lot of premade masks to buy. one of my favorite manufacturer right now is Crafters Workshop but also Prima, Studio Calico, Pink Paislee and Tattered Angels have beautiful masks.
Sometime, however, I like to make my own mask using just something laying around; a chipboard, a lace, a net from kitchen or by printing a nice shape and then cutting it out. Here are some examples:

Here I have used two of my favorite masks from Crafters - with mists:

a mask from Pink Paislee - with a ink pad and pink embossing powder:

again with 2 favorites from Crafters - with mists, also letting some mists drip under the photo:
 
with beautiful butterfly masks from Studio Calico - and mist:

with a piece of lace in one of the SKWAD kits - and mist:

with a cat shape I just printed and cut out in plain paper  - and the kids blow pens. I moved the shape around and changed color of the blow pens. In the end I also used the mask on the page:


with a home made wing I cut out - and mist:

There are all sorts of fun you can make with masks, some color and a little fantasy that will add that little extra to your pages.. come on and try it.

Thats all from me Petra - come visit my blog

No comments: