Saturday, June 23, 2012

Meet The Designers - Kim Kendall

It's time to meet those talented ladies who are part of the Scrapbook Kits With A Difference Design Team. Over the next couple of weeks, I will introduce you to each and every one. I gave them a list of questions, and they have all obliged and shared their answers with us. 
Please meet our first designer, Kim Kendall.


1. Husband? Children? Pets?
Yes I have a partner Donald, he is a very patient man who cannot for the life of him work out the obsession of scrapping I have, but appreciates what I do, I have a 28 year daughter Malina who has been the subject of scrapping and who loves ordering what she would like done with a photo.
Yes we have a few of these I have the 2 dogs Jasper a adopted fox terrier, Patrick the kelpie, Daisy the geriatric horse Daisy she is a grand old dam of 27 years and her paddock companion and carer Choppy the wether sheep, he has been her “baby” for the last 12 years, yes she thinks he is a foal, they share the stable together and sleep together like a mare and foal, so as you can see we have a what we call our menagerie.
      
2. Do you have your own scraproom. Describe where you scrap, or supply a photo.
When we bought this property I stole one of the bedrooms and set it up with paper racks down one wall bookshelves on another and the is the wardrobe and computer desk and the other wall is a ceiling to floor window which faces east and lets in an amazing amount of natural light, In the centre of the room is a board table that sets 6 so i can always host friends for a crop. Photo who are you kidding do you think I want to so you my mess, I have this amazing table and end up scrapping on a A3 mat as I tend to wait until it annoys me before I clean it up. 

3. How long have you been scrapping?
Hmmm... now to work that out I start with going to a Creative Memories party and knew immediately that I wanted more than they could offer so went looking this was about 14 years ago now and I have never looked back since.

4. Favourite colour or colour combination? Least favourite colour to scrap with?
Oh this is so hard I love so many but would have to take the easy out on this one and say earth tones i just love the warmth of them and the depth of felling you can achieve with them oh this is sounding all too in-depth here   LOL. But I also love pinks
Least favourite is what I call the gaudy solid brights like blue, pink and yellow just so hard to achieve the warmth and depth of feeling with those colours yet I can appreciate that other might just love working with solid colours, green and gold is another combination I really don’t like at all.

5. Do you have a dream team that you would like to be on?
I think  that I would love to be on the Prima or Tattered Angles probably Tattered Angles would be my preference as I just love what you can achieve with their products are amazing and can be used in so many different ways you actually don’t need to even use pattern paper with the different things they offer.
On sketch sites to be on Sketchabilities was one of my dreams and I achieved this in 2011 and even managed to be accepted for 2 consecutive terms which was awesome.

6. Do you use paper or cardstock for your layout base?
I tend to used a mixture of either pattern paper or cardstock but only use 3 different colours of card stock predominately that being black, white and kraft with the occasional cream or dark brown popping in   

7. Black, white, or kraft?
I just answered this above LOL I really only use these colours

8. Favourite scrapper?
My favourite scrapper, well the list could go on forever I can tell you, but probably the one I am finding the most inspiring at the moment is Finnabair - what she can do with paper and embellies is so amazing. 
https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

9. Favourite technique? Least favourite?
Misting and using mixed media I love it, to use gesso and a stencil to forma base then add gauze and other bits like string, metal even flowers  and then use mist, glim and glam to colour and give depth of colour to it,  even paint is just so inspiring and it gives you something so unique.
Least favourite is an old one that appears every so often and that is poppets. I just cannot stand them at all.  

10. Favourite manufacturer? Favourite product?
I love many manufacturers but my all time fav is Graphic 45 the papers offer endless possibilities to cut and layer and create a picture their metal embellies are also amazing as there is just so much you can achieve with these and a pair of pliers. I was fortunate enough to attend their classes in Sydney in 2011 and oh wow the things they taught about their products was amazing.

Please feel free to drop by Kim's blog and leave some love. I'm sure you will find something to inspire you.   http://heirloomscrapbooking.blogspot.com.au/

2 comments:

pysselpetra said...

Nice to get to know you better Kim ♥

annette said...

Hi there Kim !!!!