Saturday, March 17, 2012

Imagine wall hanging - fun gift for someone!!

I wanted to make something fun for my mother for her birthday.  I wanted to give her something that I made, but not just a card or a mini book. So with this in mind I made a cute little wall hanging for her.  The picture is of my son Brandon when he was 18 months old, my mother took the picture.  The squares are 3 x 3 inches and holding them together is hemp string. 


The top square is made of cardboard, then the bottom two are chipboard.  I played around with some mixed media Gellato paints from Faber Castelle that I got at a CKC convention class for the top square and some gesso and patterned paper for the middle square.  I did not put any pictures on on the back of the hanging, but you most certainly could and make it two sided.


I hope this inspires you to make a fun little gift for someone special!!

Erin Reed
http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

pysselpetra said...

how beautiful ♥ a great idea