Saturday, February 25, 2012

Adding Color to Embossed Dots

Hello friends! We hope that everyone is doing very well today! It's Leah here today and today is my last day with the fabulous Design Team here at Scrapbook Kits. I wanted to take a moment before I share my projects with you and thank Jules for having me. I've been here for awhile and have so enjoyed my time and appreciate the opportunity to have designed for this wonderful shop! So thank you!

Now today I am excited to share some cards I have made. We all know how wonderful embossing is and how it adds a wonderful extra detail to projects along with the added texture. But I wanted to show a way of using embossed dots as source for adding more color.

Here we go...
I've used the Cricut Imagine to print and cut this great birthday cake (and all the images for all the cards I'lll be showing today). I've embossed white core pink paper, sanded the dots til the white core shone through and then colored some, not all, of the white dots. It adds a punch of color and allows you to bring colors from the whole project into the background.


Here is another option. This one embossed with kraft card stock. No white core so no need to sand dots but another great way to add all that color! I love how this one turned out!


And lastly one more example, on the bottom piece I've embossed and distressed the dots but left those white because they showed up well on the brown paper. But on the top piece, I've again embossed the dots, sanded those til the white showed and then in the center only, refilled the dots with blue.


It's just wonderful what embossing can add, and then adding more color to the embossing can just add a whole other dimension of detail to your projects!

I hope you've enjoyed these ideas and again, thank you all for having me here at Scrapbook Kits! Have a good one!

2 comments:

annette said...

Always a sad day for us on Scrapbook Kits to say goodbye to a talented DT member, may I take this time to thank you for your encouragement & participation whilst on the team .. I wish you great success in your future ventures .. thanks for the great projects & tutorial .. love your cards .. cheers & hugz X:)

Jules the Bling Princess said...

Leah, it has been an absolute honour, and pleasure, to work with you. I wish you all the best for your future endeavours, and you will be greatly missed. Although, I do hope you will come say hello, and play occasionally? Remember, you are always welcome here. Thank-you for all your work and effort - it has been greatly appreciated. Big Hugs. xxx