Thursday, November 17, 2011

How to Use Doilies on your Layouts

Hi there everyone!

It's Helen here again and today I'm going to be showing
you some ideas on how to incorporate doilies onto your 
layouts and where to buy them. Here are a few of my own
layouts where I have used various different types of doilies.








Quite a few manufacturers have doilies for sale now,
I have seen them available by Kaisercraft, Maya Road
& Cosmo Cricket, just to name a few...

Of course, if you are able to crochet then you 
can even have a go at making your own!

There are also Etsy shops where you can find them.  
My 2 favourites are here and here.

If you can't find doilies in the colour that you want 
don't despair!  Remember that you can always use mists
to recolour them to whatever colour you want, so if you
are not yet sure of what you are after then buying
some in neutral colours is a good idea as you 
can always custom-dye them to suit your project!

I hope you try them out on your pages soon...
Doilies are really trendy right now!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I am just blown away with these!
First off, your children, those photos look
like they are out of a movie or something!
So gorgeous!
And then I adore your projects..amazing
details! I can't believe I have NONE of these
to play with! LOL!

~Leah

Juanna Hope Sia said...

love doilies! i usually get big packs of them at the local baking store hahaha

Rebekkah said...

Hey Helen
These pages are amazing!
I'm such a big fan of your work !
I really think that doilys add a real feminine touch to any layout and make it come to life !
Like Juanna,i go somewhere else too, i get mine at the $2.00 shop!
Thanks for a great post and sharing your beautiful pages xxxx