Sunday, September 25, 2011

Stamped Focal Images on Layouts


Hello everyone, Leah Schaeffer here today! I hope that everyone has enjoyed their weekend so far! I know I will as I'll have been away to the gorgeous and world famous Napa Valley wine country in sunny California! So beautiful! So while I am enjoying a weekend away I wanted to post for you my layout for the September sketch challenge. 

You will certainly see a lot of stamping from me on my layouts and cards. But since we have put so much money into our stamp collection, we should use them even more often. And a great way to do so it to add more stamping into our layouts.  So I wanted to show here how you can take some of those images and have them as the focal points for your project.


The sketch shows a wonderful banner and though there is a ton of ways to go about that, I thought it would be fun to do shapes instead of a traditional banner. And seeing as I wanted to do something school related, I grabbed my Imaginisce Snag Em' stamps and created this. Using them as focal images and as details around the page.


The primary colors of this layout were softened by the white background and white photo mats. In coloring my images I wanted the colors to remain very bold so I chose to color with markers. Accented some of the stamped images using Glossy Accents and added some bright flowers as well. I also used Glossy Accents to lay down the twine banner string. Since that is such a strong and fast drying adhesive it was a perfect choice to hold down that string.


I hope that this has inspired you to think about adding those great stamped images to layouts, not just as backgrounds and such but as the actual focal points in layouts! Thanks for coming by!

1 comment:

Juanna Hope Sia said...

so cute! (: thanks for sharing!