Sunday, August 28, 2011

Executive Decision...

I've made an executive decision about the Scrapbook Kits store, and since I am the boss, no-one can tell me I can't. I do not enjoy running the scrapping suplies store side of this business, so I am going to close it down as at the 1st September. From then on, the store will only sell class kist and limited edition kits. Which means, if you want to get any last minute goodies (still 40% off), you have 3 days left. So I'm guessing you all want to know what I'm going to do with all that stock I have left over? I've got a plan. In addition to Scrapbook Kits (kits only) I'm going to open an Etsy Store and sell mixed media canvases, pre-made layouts to which you add your own photographs, and possibly some Off The Page projects too. I don't have a choice - the thought of doing stock-take every year, and uploading thousands of images of products for purchase, just does my head it. It's no fun for me, and it's interfering with my scrapping. So it has to go. And if a kit hasn't sold within 3-4 months, it will be recycled and re-used for a new project. No kits will be wasted!!! (-: As a result of this, my next Design Team will consist of 12 members. Let's just say we are using this first DT term as an fun experiment. I need to find out what works, and what doesn't work. (-:
And not only that, with the 1st September, we are going to introduce new inspiration challenges, new sketches, and new Design Team tutorials and blog posts. Are you counting down the days? I am - only 4 days to go!!! :-)

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Not long to go now, sounds great!!

Samantha said...

Oh this sounds like a brillant plan! count me in! :) you go girl! keep it fun and interesting :)